Art Loan Program
The seARTS art loan program is an opportunity for artists to display and sell their work in public locations and an opportunity for businesses and organizations to show their support for the arts, and enhance their surroundings with beautiful wall art.
The program is now in its ninth year (2016). The signature program began at Bass Rocks Golf Club and has been successful in exposing the work of 25-30 new and returning artists each year.
Here’s the NEW timeline for the 2016 program:
April 10: NEW Deadline for all artist submissions
April 10: Jurors deliberate
April 17: Jurors report finalists
April 20: Notification of selected artists
April 24, 10am -1pm: Pick-up of 2015 unsold works; drop-off of new works
June 8: Opening Reception at Bass Rocks, 6:00-9:00 PM
Each new installation kicks off with an opening reception and the artists’ work is promoted throughout the year. Work is replaced as it is sold.
Guidelines for interested artists
- 70% of sale price of art work is retained by the artist. A 30% commission is given to seARTS.
- All seARTS members are eligible to submit their work for the shows.
- Each show is created with the host organization’s goals in mind juried by a panel of new jurors each year.
Guidelines for interested businesses or organizations
- Host organizations must be a seARTS Annual Sponsor and agree to the terms and conditions of hosting the show.
- Each show is juried by artists chosen by seARTS.
- Jury Awards of $50-$100 value are sponsored by local businesses.
- Find out more in this overview document.
For more information on the Art Loan program, and an application, click here. seARTS welcomes the chance to discuss a program with your organization.