The seARTS Wearable Art Runway show committee thanks everyone that made this a success! Read more here:
Other news before the event is below:
We had some incredible artists making pieces for the runway – an impressive group of Manchester High School students and their leader, Marion Powers, alumni of Montserrat as well as the current sculpture class led by Marilu Swett making pieces for the runway. We are welcoming back Jen Greeke and Shalyn Webber with their new collections, and Alyssa Fishendon from MassArt! We have visiting artists from New York City – couture designer, Jane Wilson Marquis and jewelry artist Julia Dusman and Claudia Brahms and Suzanne MacFadyen of Maine – collaborating with Camilla.
Among our special art pieces on the runway will be a much anticipated look from Sage Florist, a creation from Sista Felicia, author of the new cookbook “Gifts of Gold” , bikinis from Gus & Francesca Alba, and something to WOW us from Lori Ireland, a winner of the Wearable Art World show in New Zealand.
Accessories included colorful ties from Stephen Bates, enticing hats from Lisa Pedamonte-DiPietro, and jewelry from many of our exhibiting artists.
Thanks to our amazing models:
We had many lovely local models including Miss Baylee Kirk, Lexi Orlando, Katharine Worth-Larsen, Sarah Slifer, and Charlotte & Grace Papp (Charlotte a former Miss Massachusetts). We will be delighted with a contingent of professional models and we have Deborah Coull’s Salon to wow us with their hair and make-up!
Congratulations to our Raffle Winners!
These fun prizes were awarded!
- Couture Planet™ “Stella” Bag by Kathy Cormier
- Apple Bay Design Earrings
- Claudia Brahms Hand Felted Hat
- Chris Gauthier Kelly Scarf
- Beth Williams Studio Gift Certificate
- Artfelt Creations Gift Certificate
- Kyla Salon Gift Certificate
- Deborah Coull Salon Gift Certificate (Gloucester)
- Deborah Coull Salon Aveda Gift Certificate (Beverly)
- Bonnie Maller Gift Certificate for a special beauty experience
- North Shore Music Theatre: Two Passes to “Miss Saigon”
- Museum quality art cards by Linda Holt
- Bose Wave II Radio
- Peabody Essex Museum
Shop. Shop. Shop!
Here’s the list of exhibiting artists that exhibited their work: Meredith Anderson, Apple Bay Designs , Stephen Bates, Mahri, Claudia Brahms, Marlene Cann, Maralyce Feree, Couture Planet, Julia Dusman, Cape Ann Designs, Christine Gauthier-Kelley, Susan Kenna, Camilla MacFadyen, Heather Outlaw, Lisa Pedemonti-DiPietro, Selina Narovlansky, Fran Osten, Mary Mandarino, & Beth Williams.
Our award winners were:
- Best Dressed Table: Donna Caseldon for her vertical live fish display
- Couture Looks: Sage Floral Studio
- Wearable Art: Selina Narovlansky
- Jurors Choice: Hannah Thorne- Manchester High School
Other News Coverage can be found here:
Boston Globe online
Cape Ann Beacon